Squeaky Clean Restores Marital Harmony: Say What?
A few weeks ago in the Chicago Tribune, Mark Jacob and Stephan Benzkofer wrote a wonderful piece on little-known facts about contraceptives. I read it in the print paper (where it had pretty pictures and a kick-ass page layout), but it’s online too in basic form. Allow me to share with you number nine on their 10 things list:
9. One of the most popular birth control methods for American women in the middle of the 20th century was Lysol. It was heavily marketed as a product for feminine hygiene in U.S. newspaper advertisements, including the Tribune, but used as a contraceptive also.
As it just so happens, I ran into one of these Lysol advertisements even before I stumbled across their article. It brought me to the realization that I should share with all of you, Lovelies.
After all, I wouldn’t want any wife to be shut out from her “happy married love” because of the “one intimate neglect.”
I thought feminine washes and douches were bad. Apparently, we’ve come a long way since pouring Lysol all over our pretty bits.
Pansexual sensate aesthete. Proponent of resources and eduction to help us each live our best lives. Kinky, quirky, sex-obsessed, sex toy-obsessed, sexpos critical theory slut with a passion for writing & def an acquired taste. Interests: The loveliness of everything being lovely. Wearing stars in the night sky. Buddhism. Critical Theory. Embodiment. Authentic Connection. Preparing happy, humming food. Baking bread from scratch. Thunderstorms. Storytelling. Sharing. Old typewriters. Dangly earrings.
18+ Please!This web site contains Adult Content and Language. Please do not continue reading if you are not 18+ years of age. (Or 21+ where 18 is not the legal age of majority.) Thank you.
Help Me Stay Awake!
- Sex Pistil’s Guide To Sucking Great Cock
- The Ins & Outs of Anal Sex
- Hard Wood. Yes, Please!
- The COME HITHER QUIVER -or- How To Squirt
- You Can Be My Little Matron Any Day: A Review of the Matryoshka Vibrator
- The Hot Pink Motivator: A Riding Crop Review
- Aneros: Prince of the Female G-spot
- Made To Pleasure: Luxury Sex Toys to Fit Every Whim & Every Body. Literally.
- Tantalize, Tease, & Delight with Nipple Nibblers!
Grab my Button!
Love Us? Support Us!
Help keep Bombshells & Rockstars going!
Every little bit counts. Even the smallest donation allows me to get more content out to you, Lovelies. Thank you for your generosity.